Thursday, October 24, 2019

Dubrovnik, Hotel Valamar and Environs

Valamar and Environs, Dubrovnik (10/22)

This is my last day in Croatia as I wait in the airport to board my flight to Madrid and Janet and the mountains.

Today I had enough time to take a walk in between checking out of my hotel and travelling to the airport.

From my first day here I've noticed a large green area on the map to the south of my hotel. Yesterday I wimped out on walking through there to return from the old town, so today seemed like an opportune time to check it out.

My first day I'd walked to the north on the seaside walking path; today I went south. It led through an area of hotels and many, many access points to the sea. These Croatians do love the sea! Even well up the steep bluff I encountered many breaks in the railing with steep steps leading down to the rocky shore. 

Oh, the water looked inviting! But I didn't have swim togs and I didn't want to carry wet clothing with me.

My walking route took me around one peninsula and then out to the end of another. At that point I doubled back on a path and entered the park.

More Croatian trails! A series of  rocky paths led me up to a high point on the bluff and some amazing views. Then back down to the seashore and the promenade to head back to my hotel.

Today I saw beaches and swimming areas that I wish I'd discovered before - and that I had some additional time to explore.

So long, Croatia. Howdy, Spain.

Highlight video


No comments:

Post a Comment