Thursday, October 24, 2019

Exploring the island of Prvic.

I spent today exploring the island of Prvic. There's a second and larger village on the north end of the island, so I started by walking there. It has the feel of an old village with narrow streets and stone buildings with tile roofs. I saw a builder cutting a limestone block using a hand-held power saw. Now, that dust must be hard on the machine! Much of my walk was spent following path that wandered through and on the old, overgrown limestone rock-walled terraces that cover the island. There are fragments of surviving olive trees in these terraces and a few dried up grape vines, but it's all in disrepair.

On my return to Prvic Luka I purchased a couple of buns (ham and cheese and chocolate) from a small bakery and sat on a bench overlooking the harbor to eat them. Behind me was a large group of children making kites and lots of noise.

After I finished my food I changed into swim togs and took a short swim. Following Gary's advice I entered the water just to the south of the hotel via a stainless steel ladder attached to the seawall. The water felt cool on my feet but once in I was very comfortable. Today was just a "britches" swim. My swim vest awaits me should I need it.

Internet connectivity is a struggle, so I may not get to post for a time. In the meantime, I continue to take pictures, store them and put together a highlight video for each day.

Highlight video

No comments:

Post a Comment