Thursday, October 24, 2019

The Last SwimTrek Day

SwimTrek, The Last Day

Not much swimming today.

Today was probably the best weather day of our trip and we were all leaving for the real world or other adventures. It was windless, the water was calm, the air was warm.

We met at the swim beach, 6:40 AM, to swim toward the imminently rising sun with a goal to see the sun come up over the mountains. I chose to swim only in my Speedo as I didn't want to have to deal with packing up a bunch of wet swim togs. Since it was short, I thought that I would survive.

The water was manageable getting in and felt just fine swimming.

Our group stayed together on the way out and we stopped for group photos partway. Our guide Simon swam underwater to the bottom and took pictures of us linked hand-to-hand in a circle, first with feet pointed to the bottom then with feet pointed outward on the surface, like the petals of a flower. I finally saw an octopus on the way back. Very cool.

After a hot shower, a bit of deep shivering, and breakfast, I packed and headed out for a last Prvic walk, another chance to wander the middle of the island. Today's heat brought out the bees in their hundreds as large groups of them worked several flowered plants that I saw.

Now I'm in Split for several days. Tomorrow is a Game of Thrones tour, then a couple days of exploration before I set out on my walking journey through the Dalmatian Islands to Dubrovnik.

It's a real zoo here! Cruise boats in the harbor, the waterfront is thronged with visitors, and the tiny little streets are lined with shops selling all manner of goods. Not what I expected at a World Heritage site. At least cars aren't allowed here.

Highlight video


No comments:

Post a Comment